Wednesday, January 9, 2008

PMQ performance caps a very impressive start for Nick Clegg

At the risk of repeating myself, I am again prompted to observe that Nick Clegg really is making a great start as LibDem leader. We've had a flurry of media appearances and releases over the festive period.

His announcement yesterday of a Party Reform Commission is absolutely superb. In particular, I am impressed by the use of Chris Bones of Henley Management College to facilitate this process. I am also impressed by the appointment of John Sharkey, ex-joint MD of Saatchi and Saatchi, as strategic communications adviser.

And Nick was confident and comfortable at his first PMQs today. I thought his selected area of questioning - the scandal of high energy bills for low income families - was spot on.

No comments:

Post a Comment