Friday, November 16, 2007

My response to Nich Starling

I have posted this reply on Nich Starling's posting from yesterday (it is currently awaiting moderation there):

"Thank you, Nich.

One small point of clarification, if I may.

You write:

And to think Paul was one of those critical of me for attacking Ming's record as leader

Not true. I strongly critiqued the things you said, but I was not critical of you "for attacking Ming". Indeed, in my response to your July posting, I went out of my way to say that I respected your right to speak out, while strongly disagreeing with the things you had said. My specific words were:

Nich, the last thing I would expect and want you to be is quiet. The very thought of a silent Norfolk Blogger is inconceivable

Those who know me are getting rather bored of me repeating the famous quote attributed to Voltaire, which is the maxim which always guides me:

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

With very best wishes to you,
Paul"

No comments:

Post a Comment