Sunday, May 10, 2009

Lord Rennard

There has rightly been outrage at MPs, such as Margaret Moran who appear to have allegedly used expenses/allowances to fund a holiday home. I have indeed criticised her.

The allegations made in the News of the World about Lord Rennard are of a similar nature. I am frustrated that the denial so far has pleaded that the arrangement was within the rules and checked at every stage with the authorities. More explanation is needed and I very much hope that the arrangement passes the public's "smell test" as well as being within the rules.

Note: I apologise to Lord Rennard for the earlier version of this post which did not sufficiently give him the benefit of the doubt. I have revised this post, as above, entirely at my own initiative without any prompting from anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment