Monday, June 2, 2008

Stephen Kearney asks Henley Tories to withdraw leaflet

Stephen Kearney, LibDem candidate for the Henley by-election has written to his opposite number as follows:

Dear Councillor Howell,

I write to ask you to withdraw a leaflet published on your behalf by the Conservative Party. The leaflet which I enclose states that I live outside Henley Constituency. As you will be aware I moved to Aston Rowant several weeks ago, as I promised I would do to local people.

It is disappointing to me that your campaign has started off in such a manner and I hope that you will be able to moderate your campaign team in future weeks. I intend to fight an honest and positive campaign on the issues that matter to local people. I hope that you will join me in such a debate.

Kind regards,
Stephen Kearney
Liberal Democrat Campaigner for Henley Constituency

No comments:

Post a Comment