Thursday, June 19, 2008

Joan Rivers swears live on daytime TV

On yesterday's BBC Radio Berkshire "Morality Panel" my wife and I did a split shift. I was involved in the discussion about swearing. This followed Joan Rivers being chucked off "Loose Women" for calling Russell Crowe "a piece of ******* ****". My view was that it's all right having swearing at 11pm on Jonathan Ross, but at 1pm on ITV there are children under 5 watching - so it's not OK. Mind you, inviting Joan Rivers on is a bit of a liability in itself.

I have now watched the actual clip (below) and it is hilarious, especially as Joan Rivers says "Get ready to bleep this" before she says the offending words. Then, once she has said the words, there is consternation because they don't have a delay or a bleep machine - it really is live, going out at lunchtime when there are little children watching. Oh dear. Ms Rivers was unceremoniously removed from the set during the next commercial break. Funnily enough, I'd love to see the clip of her being asked to leave. That would be entertaining.

Joan Rivers is 75.

WARNING: Clip contains swearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment