Wednesday, June 11, 2008

George W Bush wins today's "No S**t Sherlock" award


President George W Bush has admitted that his bellicose rhetoric about Iraq encouraged the world to form a mistaken impression of him as a warmonger.

Embarking on his final visit to Europe as president, Mr Bush said his gun-slinging talk leading up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq made the world think he was a "guy really anxious for war" against Saddam Hussein.


Claiming he had been misunderstood, Mr Bush expressed regret, saying: "I think that in retrospect I could have used a different tone, a different rhetoric."

He said using phrases such as "bring them on" and "dead or alive", had "indicated to people that I was, you know, not a man of peace".

Never!
Do I detect that Dubya is already attempting, however haltingly and with his pen held in his fist, to re-write history? If so, I fear that his efforts may be confounded by Oliver Stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment