Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sam Nunn shoots up the VP nominee odds

I see that since I placed a bet on him at 25-1 yesterday, Sam Nunn's odds (to be Democratic VP nominee) on Paddy Power have shortened to 14-1.

Ahead of him with shorter odds are eight people, two of whom have said formally that they will not accept such a nomination (Mark Warner and Ted Strickland).

John Edwards also said he wouldn't accept but then appeared luke warm on the idea - but in any case, after being a damp squib in 2004, I doubt he is a runner.

Jim Webb is 4-1, and would be the other person I'd bet on if I believed in betting on two candidates. He served for four years in the Reagan administration including as Navy secretary. Nunn has a longer track record but not in government.

Although Joe Biden has great foreign affairs experience he tends to be a rent-a -gaffe candidate.

Bill Richardson has great foreign affairs and government experience and would boost the Espanic vote, which Obama needs help with.

Maybe I'm not so sure now........I think it's going to be Nunn or Webb. Richardson as a long shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment