Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Update - Video now available for insomnia sufferers - Left wing bias on 18 Doughty Street! Shock!

Update: Last night's embarrassment (for me) is now available to review on 18 Doughty Street. Vox politix is here. Blogger TV is here.

"Does anyone actually watch this stuff?" asks an anonymous commenter about 18 Doughty Street.

Funnily enough I also asked this question of one of the staff Doughty Streeters last night. Laurence Boyce was certainly watching it. He sent in an email which was typically Laurencesque.

I resisted the temptation to volunteer to go to 18 Doughty Street for a while (yes, you can volunteer Linda (Jack), and, before you say it, the cameraperson was a lady - so that's all right then - not) because all the panels seemed to consist purely of Tories. I didn't really want to venture into the lion's den. Fortunately all the Tories were in Blackpool last night, so I got, with me on the sofa, the very interesting Mick Fealty (of Slugger O'Toole and Brassneck) and Simon Buckby (of Champollion). The programmes were very ably presented by Ben Duckworth (Vera's grandson, I presume).

The advantage of sitting next to Simon Buckby for Vox Politix was that he is more left wing than me! He said he wanted the level of inheritance tax to be increased, not decreased, and gave a reason straight out of Das Kapital! Weh-heh! Power to the People!

No comments:

Post a Comment