Saturday, October 20, 2007

A balanced couple of comments

I am still hoping they'll be more candidates, but I am carefully considering the ones declared so far. Here goes with two studiously balanced comments on the candidates so far in strict alphabetical order.

Nick Clegg - I am looking for his "Great Reform" speech on video. Does anyone know where I can find it? I have read and watched his launch speech in Sheffield. The words are good and I like the message to stretch out to new voters. The really big, big, big problem I have is with what the speech looks like. He is basically copying the mode of Cameron's speech to the Tory faithful at Blackpool. Glimpsing at notes on lectern, walking away from lectern, lots of hands...Nooooooooooooooooooo please! Not a Cameron copy! Nooooooooooooooooo!

Chris Huhne - I supported him for the last contest and have seen him speak passionately here in Newbury. He appeared on Daily Politics and I like his defence of the EU Treaty/referendum position. But those teeth?! Obviously a couple of grand's worth of whitening and other work. Nooooooooooooooooooo please! Not a US presidential style set of teeth type scenario! Nooooooooooooooooo!

PS. You'll notice I was careful to have the same number of "o"s for each candidate.

No comments:

Post a Comment