Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Thank you Ming


Nothing in his life became him like the leaving it - Shakespeare, Macbeth

Charles Anglin used this quote on the comments at LibDem Voice and I couldn't think of any quote more fitting (relating, of course, to political party leadership 'life') for Ming's departure.

Paddy put it most eloquently on Today this morning. This is Ming's day.

Amidst the bundle of emotions of the last few days (including, frankly, feeling a bit unworthy myself) my respect for Ming is overwhelming and increased by the courageous manner of his departure.

Of all the various political figures of whom I have knowledge, I know of no figure with such high integrity, unswerving decency and noble dignity.

He has been, and will no doubt continue to be, an outstanding and remarkably selfless servant of British Liberalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment