Sunday, October 14, 2007

...and so, as the vanquished charwoman of time begins to Shake'N'Vac the shagpile of eternity...

Humphrey Lyttelton "I'm sorry I haven't a Clue", Chester, 10th December 1994.

Yes, I believe the time has come. I have been one of Ming's strongest supporters. I remain a great admirer of his. I think he is considering things this weekend. I believe now is the time for him to step down gracefully and hand on the baton to the next generation.

I say this not because of recent nonsense in the press, which has been relatively sporadic and muted. I say it having spoken to and corresponded with friends I respect in the party. Now is the time for renewal in preparation for a general election in 18 months time.

Now is the time that we (the country and the Liberal Democrat party) need a JFK or an RFK.

PS. I certainly don't mean a "CK" by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment