Monday, December 10, 2007

Ready to serve


My posting on Wednesday 5th December was the last substantive one which I intend to make about the leadership contest, barring any cataclysmic events between now and Saturday.

It's been an enjoyable and energetic campaign. I hope Chris Huhne will win, but, as I made clear on November 20th, I also feel that Nick Clegg will potentially be a great leader of the Liberal Democrats. On the same day I wrote: "I would prefer Chris, but will work just as hard for the party with an equally uplifted heart, if Nick is elected."

That remains my view. I am ready to loyally serve whoever is elected by the membership.

With Christmas coming up and three council by-elections in Thatcham on January 10th, it will be nice to get the leadership campaigning out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment