Wednesday, December 19, 2007

BNP ballerina to marry BNP barmcake

Good luck to them:

The ballerina and British National Party activist Simone Clarke is to wed a fellow far-right party councillor, her new fiance announced today.

Clarke will marry Richard Barnbrook, a councillor in Barking and Dagenham and the party's candidate for mayor of London, whom she met after he came to support her during anti-fascist protests of her performances as Giselle in London this January.

The whole thing has involved a bit of a volte face by Barnbrook:

At the time of the protests, Barnbrook told the Guardian, "I don't normally go to the ballet but I'm going to support Simone Clarke. I'm supporting her freedom of expression."

He cited Clarke's relationship with Chang as proof that she was not racist but said he hoped the couple would not have children.

"I'm not opposed to mixed marriages but their children are washing out the identity of this country's indigenous people," he said.

Barnbrook said today he had no reservations about becoming stepfather to Clarke and Chang's daughter, and that his comments in January had been taken out of context.

"It doesn't bother me at all. I knew about Simone's child before I met her," he said.

"If we do end up getting married, as far as I'm concerned, that child will be my child."

No comments:

Post a Comment