Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hazel Blears.............................I think I need a drink

Hazel Blears

.....................................................................................................................................................................

That's a blank pause of incredulity, by the way.

I mean, what can you say? According to Sky News:

She claims she had no idea that resigning on the eve of a very important election would have any effect.
"I genuinely thought I could go without it sparking off this huge firestorm. In hindsight that judgement was wrong," she said.
"I should have waited until after the election. The effect on the party is something I will live with forever
."

.............................................................................................................................................................

That's another blank pause of incredulity. Let's see, Hazel Blears has been a professional in the world of politics since 1978 when she first joined Salford City Council as a trainee solicitor. OK, that was, at first, as a non-political officer but she would have been aware of political election cycles and that sort of thing.

So, she has thirty-one years of local and national political experience and she is asking us to believe that she had no idea that by resigning from the Cabinet of Her Majesty's Government on the day before a major election she would 'spark off a huge firestorm'.

.............................................................................................................................................................

I think I need a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment