Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Well done, Nick Clegg!

Order of the brown nose to be sent in a plain brown envelope to Paul Walter, 9 Acacia Avenue......

Well done to Nick Clegg for bringing back the members of the shadow cabinet who voted for the referendum on the EU Treaty. This is an excellent act of leadership....letting bygones be bygones. All the MPs involved are excellent liberals and I am glad they are back in the shadow cabinet.

At the risk of getting oodles of comments from Rusty, I saw the EU Lisbon Treaty/referendum furore as (in the words of French and Saunders) "a lot of stuff and nonsense".

But, I will don flak jacket and tin hat as I know many people felt strongly about it. I just thought it was one of those things and that Clegg acted quite rightly and very strongly during the whole episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment