Sunday, May 27, 2007

Cock and bull spin from Cameron on Grammargate

There is a full page article in the Observer which says that David Cameron started Grammargate to split the parliamentary Labour party.

I’d be interested to hear verification of this story. I am sure that thought passed through the minds of Tory high command. But to suggest it was a deliberate strategy…..and to suggest after having a week or so to think it up. Come on! In all my years reading the Observer I have to say that this is, in the absence of further verification, the biggest load of cock and bull I have ever read in that organ.

Perhaps I am ageist. The Political Editor of the Observer, Nicolas Watt, who wrote the report, looks as though he has just come out of sixth form. I am turning into a grumpy Old Man, I know, and I apologise to Mr Watt. I am sure he is extremely skilled, of course. After all, Andrew Rawnsley looked as though he was still in short trousers when he started writing superlative Parliamentary Sketches in the Guardian.

No comments:

Post a Comment