Monday, August 4, 2008

Darling barred from Lake District pub


I have heard it said that Liberal Democrat MPs represent some of the most beautiful parts of the country.

Speaking as a Bude boy I have to say that as long as we have North Cornwall sewn up then we have the most beautiful part sorted.

By sheer coinkidinky I seem to have been doing a tour of LibDem constituencies for my holidays over the last few years. Two years ago it was Norman Lamb's stunning North Norfolk. Last year we enjoyed the beauty of Alan Reid's constituency around Mull and Oban.

And this year I have been delighted to discover (sorry - I am a southerner, after all, and don't know all the boundaries up here) that we are in Tim Farron's area.

As usual I have had the (admittedly unnatural) pleasure of spotting a notice advertising Tim's summer tour. So I can attest that everything is in place and ready for Tim Farron MP's summer surgery visit to Troutbeck Village post office on 27th August at 2pm. I was there today. It must be one of the most beautifully (if remotely) located post offices in the country (see photo above). The two ladies in charge do a lovely cuppa.
I also visited one of the local pubs - the Sun hotel at Troutbeck Bridge. On the door there was a list of about twnety people who are barred from the pub. At the bottom was one "Alistair Maclean Darling (MP)".
.....not sure what he did to upset them....

No comments:

Post a Comment