Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bill makes me go all gooey

I really am a great big quivering weapy old woolly Liberal Hector, I know.

Last night, it was Kleenex time when I watched Ted Kennedy at the DNC. Tonight I've watched Bill Clinton at the same love-fest (click below). His speech had me enthralled. As usual, he combined a folksy way with words, with technical brilliance in dissecting the world's problems.

If you want an example of his fantastic speaking skill, you only need to look at this phrase:

People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power.

Yes, it's simplistic and even a little trite. Like something a old fashioned school mistress would say. But, my goodness, it's powerful and had them on their feet in Denver.

One little doubt at the back of my mind, though: Call me an old cynic, but poor old Barack Obama has a lot resting on his shoulders. It's almost as if dear old Billy boy was saying: "The Republicans have mucked things up so much - this boy can't lose, can he?"



No comments:

Post a Comment