Friday, January 9, 2009

Updated: David Cameron pictured with the Maddie "sick joker"






The Times has this photo of David Cameron pictured with the Maddie "sick joker", Matt Lewis (left foreground), at the recent Crewe and Nantwich by-election. As I write, this is on the official Staffordshire Conservative Future website which still lists Matt Lewis as its "Area Chairman" (see snapshot below). They ought to contact the website webmaster to correct that. The webmaster is...er....Matt Lewis. In fairness to Matt Lewis, he is very apologetic. The BBC quotes him as follows:

I unreservedly apologise to Mr and Mrs McCann for my actions. I completely regret my behaviour that night and since, and cannot express how sorry I am for the incredible hurt I have caused. Whilst my actions were not meant to be malicious, I fully understand the pain they have brought.

Well said that man. We've all been there (Or somewhere like it anyway).

UPDATE 20:50: Someone has been very busy this evening. The Cameron photo is no now longer on the Staffordshire Conservative Future site, but is, as I have now mentioned above, on The Times website. Sky News also have it.


No comments:

Post a Comment