Monday, January 12, 2009

Non-fact machine questioning Update: Walt Disney corporation owns the fifth largest navy in the world

Update 12/1/09: Nihal's show is certainly the most accessible one on the BBC in my long experience. Full marks to the man and his team. I sent a message to Nihal about this yesterday on his Facebook wall and got an almost immediate response. His producer, Chris has now responded. I have learnt my lesson. THE FACT MACHINE CANNOT BE QUESTIONED. Apparently this huge "navy" belonging to the Walt Disney Corporation includes lots of log flume boats. So next time Britain is attacked by sea, we can all sleep safely in our beds. All we have to do is launch several fleets of log flume boats (I'm sure old Walt would lend us a few if we are short) at the enemy. Destroyers, frigates, nuclear submarines - none of them can match the awesome fire power of the log flume boat. That said, I am now off to write out 5,000 lines: I WILL NOT QUESTION THE FACT MACHINE.

Original post 11/1/09: I just thought I'd mention that. It was yesterday's fact from the 3.15 Fact Machine on Nihal's Radio One show. So it cannot be questioned. Fiona Bruce says so. And she's a BBC newsreader.

So there.

(Actually on this occasion I think the 3.15 Fact Machine should be questioned. "Boasts" the fifth largest navy in the world, would be more accurate. I can't find any independent verification of the boast, which seems to be exclusively carried on Walt Disney websites).

No comments:

Post a Comment