Saturday, April 18, 2009

Smeargate - politics for 12 year olds

I am wondering whether this excellent analysis of Smeargate by the Guardian's Lucy Mangan is an insult to 12 year olds. But it is the best summary of Smeargate that I have read (and I have read quite a few):

Damian McBride

Oh my God, right, yeah? There's this guy, right, and he was gonna help his mates that were, like, starting up this gossip blog for slagging off the Tories, so he emailed some bad stuff about them, right, that he'd heard in the lobby, right, even though it wasn't even new stuff, OK, but it was like totally bad and not true and it got leaked, yeah, and the Tories were all, like, "You've got to resign!" and "Your mate should say sorry to us," cos they reckon his mate, like, totally knew what was going on and just was like, "Whatever, just don't tell me because it's better if I don't know, yeah?" But, after ages his mate was, like, all "sorry or whatever" but they're still not happy. You get me?

Politics: not just show-business for ugly people, but for everyone's inner 12-year-old too.

No comments:

Post a Comment