Friday, November 21, 2008

Sarah Palin interviewed while turkeys are killed behind her

I didn't think I would be blogging about Sarah Palain for a loooooong time. But, my goodness me, this video is so utterly bizarre that I just had to put it up.

As part of her Thanksgiving Day preparation duties, Palin went along to a turkey farm to pardon, yes pardon, a turkey (it's a yank thing).

So far, so Alaskan humdrum. But then she is button-holed for a three minute interview by a local TV station. She stands giving the interview, coffee-to-go in hand, while the farmer continues to slaughter turkeys in the background - on camera. She carries on, oblivious to the spectacle, all smiley and "awshucks" as usual. How utterly bizarre. And how strange to pardon a turkey and then give international coverage to two its colleagues being killed!

One for "It'll be alright on the night".

PS The second one really struggles....


No comments:

Post a Comment