Monday, July 27, 2009

It's a very good year indeed for cherry plums

Before today, I had never seen a cherry plum. Indeed, I was blissfully unaware of their existence on this planet. But, within the space of an hour today, our house has been inundated with several bucket loads of cherry plums coming from two different hauls from two different counties.

Here are just a few of them - from East Berkshire on the left, and from South Hampshire on the right:

So I think I can safely conclude that it is a very good year for cherry plums. Indeed, there appears to be a glut of them, as confirmed by this foodie blog. I don't know what climatic conditions or whatever have led to this.

They are the same size as cherries and look more or less like cherries, but they are plums. They are absolutely delicious and very easy to eat.

I am now on chutney making detail for tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment