Saturday, September 15, 2007

50,000 visitors to this blog - thank you

Over the weekend the 50,000th visit will be made to this blog. I once promised not to do this sort of thing (stats boasting), but there is an exception to every rule.

I thought long and hard before I started this blog in May 2006, as I didn't want to bite off more than I could chew. In the event I have enjoyed it immensely and I really want to sincerely thank all those who have clicked in and commented.

I'd particularly like to single out Tristan Mills, who has been my most prolific and consistent commenter. He acts like a conscience, sitting on my shoulder, picking me up whenever I lapse into even a suggestion of illiberalism. Thank you Tristan.

I have been fortunate enough to have had quite a bit of time to devote to this blog. It's become a sort of "stream of consciousness". I wouldn't have done it if it didn't fit in quite well with my family life. I can sit at my perch in my study next to the kitchen, with the door open, tapping away without totally cutting myself off from my nearest and dearest (plural).

No comments:

Post a Comment