Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hello goodbye

....A bit of a weird evening.

I volunteered to be a school governor and was delighted to become one. So I attend my first meeting, which was an "emergency" one, tonight - only to be told by local council representatives that, following the imminent departure of the current headteacher due to a career move, a new "Executive Headteacher" has been appointed and the governing body is being dissolved to be replaced by a six-member "Interim Executive Board" appointed by the local authority.

So what I thought would be a four year commitment to the betterment of the education of the next generation turned out to be a two meeting commitment (there's a closing meeting in a couple of weeks' time).

....All a bit weird but the children come first. I don't think that the council's plan has much, if any, scope for failure. The chosen "Executive Headteacher" has a very high reputation for success. I wish him and the IEB all success.

No comments:

Post a Comment