Friday, March 2, 2007

Confessions of a Diary Secretary - Prescott emerges smelling of roses

I watched Confessions of a Diary Secretary on ITV this week with half an eye.

I suppose there were some people drooling with glee in anticipation - expecting to see our beloved Deputy Prime Minister being dragged through the mud.

The actor who played Prescott, John Henshaw, is a favourite actor of mine. He was in Born and Bred and does an excellent bluff northerner. As a result, I think Prescott came out of the drama very well.

I don't condone or welcome sexist remarks or adultery. However, at the end, I was left feeling rather pleased that there has been this down-to-earth northerner at the heart of our government for the last ten years.

On the subject of favourite actors, I was very pleased indeed to see Tony Slattery playing Gordon Brown very well. It was interesting that Brown and Blair were portrayed, even before the last election, squabbling about when Blair is going to stand down. It seems to have been an obsession with Brown which leads me to suspect that he needs to consider the old Chinese proverb:

Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment