Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Obama - putting my money where my mouth is

I previously bet a tenner each on Mark Warner and Mike Huckabee to be their respective party nominees for the 2008 US Presidential race.

I ceremoniously tore up my Warner betting slip when he withdrew from the race.

I have now placed a tenner on Obama to be Democrat nominee with Stan James at 13/5.

A small wager, but it shows that I passionately believe Obama is going to get the nomination. I would bet on him becoming President but I can't find a way to do that with Stanny boy.

I think Hilary Clinton is a lightweight and has shown poor judgement on the war in Iraq.

I have been utterly gosmacked by Obama. He has real passion and authority. His position on Iraq is remarkable and very powerful. I was particularly impressed by his relaxed rebuttal of Aussie Howard's attack on him.

So, I have now stuck my neck out. I am prepared to have egg splattered all over my face in time, but I am a Barack Obama man. The man is awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Glad their is somebody else as excited about Obama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me to!

    I am constantly amazed by his energy. Election 2008 is going to be a good one if he has anything to do with it.

    ReplyDelete