Saturday, March 28, 2009

Counting one's food

As I have done for several years now, I am taking part in Christian Aid's "Count your blessings" for Lent. This involves reading and thinking about one factoid everyday, then calculating a donation based on the fact. I mention this only because today the factoid led me in an interesting direction.

After taking part in Basingstoke's weekly timed 5K "Park Run", we finally got round to doing something we'd wanted to do for a long time. We stopped off at Nelson's American Diner on the A339. I plumped for the "Big One" breakfast. I doubt I'll be eating until this evening after that. Suffice it to say that it was "the works" with all the trimmings. Marvellous.

With uncanny irony, I then came home and read today's"Count your blessings" factoid:

Saturday 28th March - A large UK supermarket stocks 30,000 different products, while many people in the world eat the same food every day. Give 20p for each different food you ate at your most recent meal.

I have just finished counting. It was ten....I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment